Have you ever thought about working with a recruiter to help you find a job? Are you trying to decide whether this is the path for you to take toward employment success? Here are 10 reasons it might be the right decision for you:
1. Because interviewing and hiring require so much time, many companies use staffing agencies or recruiting specialists to find qualified job candidates. If the recruiter already knows you and your experience, you’re ahead of the game.
2. Working with a recruiter gives you an edge over other candidates in your job market, because recruiters have relationships with multiple hiring managers. If you’re not right for one job, they may know of another.
3. You’ll increase your chances to get in for at least round one of interviews with potential employers.
4. You have the potential to get a higher salary. Recruiters should know what the going rate is for your type of job with your level of experience, and a good one won’t let an employer underpay you.
5. Recruiters can help you improve your interview skills. Do some research on which agencies in your area offer this benefit.
6. Recruiters always have access to jobs that aren’t advertised. And sometimes they will go to bat for you with an employer, even if that employer doesn’t have an opening right now.
7. Using a recruiter helps you keep your job search confidential. If you don’t want your current employer to know you’re looking, you can’t put your resume online or do any public networking.
8. Recruiters share candidate information with other recruiters. Maybe the recruiter you’re working with doesn’t have the right job for you. He or she can always pass you along to another recruiter—with your permission, of course!—who has the right opportunity.
9. It’ll save you a lot of time too. Your recruiter will do the job searching, resume sending and appointment scheduling for you.
10. They have a network they can tap into if they don’t already have a good connection at your ideal company. Being represented by a recruiter with a strong reputation can help you get your foot in the door at the organization you’ve always wanted to work for.
Wondering how a recruiting firm could help your career? Call or contact Smith Hanley to find out why we think we’re your best bet for finding your next great professional opportunity.